Receipe Title:Lemon Rice by @veggyfingertips
Origin Of Receipe:Karnataka
For How Many People:2
No Of Ingredients Used:17
How Many Minutes to Prepare: 15
How Many Minutes to cook: 15
- 100 gram Sona Masoori Rice (Donot use Basmati Rice),
- 5-6 cashew-nuts 1tbsp raw peanuts,
- 1/2 tsp Split Chickpeas (brown) Chana Dal,
- 1/2 tsp Split and dehisced black gram lentils Urad Dal,
- 1/2 tsp mustard (sarson) seeds,
- 1/2 tsp cumin (jeera) seeds,
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder,
- 1 tbsp roasted gram lentils,
- Pinch of asafoetida,
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder,
- 1 big yellow lemon juice,
- 2 green chillies,
- 5-6 curry leaves,
- Salt to taste,
- 2 tbsp groundnut oil (use any other vegetable oil of your choice),
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
Step By step Cooking Description:
Step 1. Cook the rice with 1/2 tsp oil and 8-10 drops of lemon juice.
Step 2. Once cooked spread the rice in a large bowl and mix remaining lemon and salt (Based on your taste you may increase or decrease the quantity ) Parallel
Step 3. Heat the frying pan and lightly roast cumin , mustard, roasted gram dal.
Step 4. Make a coarse powder of this in a mixer or best using a grinding stone.
Step 5. Heat the oil in the same pan, add chana dal , urad dal and groundnuts.
Step 6. Once they turn brownish red, add the cashew-nuts.
Step 7. Further add all the left over ingredients and mix well.
Step 8. Cook the mixture for maximum 2 minutes and turn off the heat.
Step 9. Allow the mixture to cool down, mix it with the rice and serve.
If you have fresh coconut available , you may add the grated coconut for garnishing.
October in Europe is a rainy season and our bodies need to build resistance against fever and cold. Lemon rice is a perfect nutritious and easily digestible dish loaded with Vitamin C from lemon , Proteins from the peanuts and lentils and good carbohydrates from cooked rice.